Illuminated Tip Jars for Uber Drivers, Bartenders, Entertainers and... Anyone Who Likes Tips!
- Attach one of the Velcro covered sides of the battery holder to the Velcro on the lid of the jar.
- Turn on the switch.
- Put the string lights in the jar and close it. You may have to adjust the position of the string lights to avoid blocking the coin entry.
- For the best lighting effect, place the strings lights so that they spiral around the inside of the jar.
Mounting & Placement
The base of the jars measure 3.75" diagonally (we use mason jars with a rounded square base, each side measuring 3.25" before it bends).
For use in cup holders, some of our drivers attach a can or a plastic cup to the bottom of the tip jar so that it stays snug. Alternatively, you can use a heavier strength velcro for mounting the tip jar to the console.
To help discourage theft, a cable can be used to secure the tip jar. Loop the cable through the handle of the tip jar, and around your seat belt or another fixed part in your car. You can find inexpensive cable locks designed for bicycles at most dollar stores.
The string lights are powered by 2x CR2032 button batteries, which are included at the time of purchase. A set of batteries can last up to 72 hours of use, depending on the quality and age of the batteries.
You can also use CR2025 batteries (which are slightly thinner at 2.5 mm thick instead of 3.2 mm) but which have a bit less amperage. If you are using CR2025 batteries and they do not fit well, add a dime in the compartment so that full contact is made with the connectors.
- Switch off the unit before attempting to replace the batteries.
- Gently unscrew the two screws on the back panel, furthest away from the switch.
- Flip open lid to access the batteries.
- Before removing: take note of the orientation of the batteries and how they are positioned.
- Replace the used batteries with new ones, making sure they are pointing the same direction as before.
- Carefully put back the screws.